Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Ward Callings


When we move Doug and I try to guess how long it will take before we receive a calling in our new ward. This time it only took me a couple of weeks and Doug a month.


Doug is the Weblos assistant leader and the readiness something or other. You can tell he has been very involved with the second calling. The same can not be said for Weblos leader. For his first full month as a leader he has been doing science experiments with the boys. I know that my boys have really enjoying that. Last week it included hard boiled eggs (a family favorite...lol).


I am now the Ward Young Women Camp Director......yes laugh now. I am the girl that doesn't like dirt. The first year I went to camp as a young woman I couldn't believe that they had us sleep in what was a glorified tool shed. I would paint my nails so they wouldn't chip while doing all the outdoor activities. So I'm not really the outdoor type. With three boys, I have tried to become a little more adventurous (hiking, chasing boys outside, etc.) but it still is a learned behavior. I guess this is the Lords way of telling me that I need to learn to appreciate the great outdoors more.


Right now my calling consists of helping the young women raise money to attend camp. Our first fundraiser was making rolls for the holidays. We received orders for 104 dozen rolls. And since I didn't plan around a certain movie opening (darn those Twilight fans) we were down to 12 girls but they were the best. They stayed on task, worked hard, and didn't complain. What more can you ask for?

No comments:

Lost Generation