Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Thanksgiving


This year we made Thanksgiving a family event. (The reality is that we know no one.) But this allowed us to have all of our traditions.
Our first tradition is watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade while trying to cook and clean during the commercials. This can get a little interesting especially if the TV is on a different level than the kitchen, but we always get it done.
The second is that I always make my men get cleaned up. There is a strict no jeans policy. If they want to wear jeans I will make hamburgers. That's just the type of girl I am.

Last, we always have to see a movie in the theater after dinner. Some years this is the only time we go to the movie theater. This year we saw "Blind Side" and really enjoyed it. As we left the theater Doug asked the boys how they liked seeing their mother in the Sandra Bullock suit. Since I sat through the whole movie thinking to myself "I would do that! I would do that too!! I have done that!!!" I was not offended at all. It's so nice to be understood.

1 comment:

Andie said...

I love your holiday traditions! Your boys are so cute!

Lost Generation