Last Pack Meeting was the Pinewood Derby. This year I thought I would be really smart. We visited the hobby shop and purchased pinewood car kits. These things are great. They include a pre-shaped car, sandpaper, axles, wheels, weights, paint, and stickers. Everything you could need to build a really cool car. Honestly, I was just excited about the pre-shaped car. With Doug's schedule and two cars to make this year, I knew that one less step would help. The boys still had to sand, attach weights and tires, paint, and put the stickers on. The kits even said something about being BSA (Boys Scouts of America) approved.

The big night came and the cars flew down the track. (Well, maybe not flew but at least they didn't need to be pushed.) Matt was in some of the first races. He wasn't real quick but he looked good doing it. (I'm thinking of making that our family motto.) Nate went a little bit later and was coming in second. It was then that we were informed that our tires were not BSA approved. The boys were able to continue to race but their times were pulled. What their mother seemed to miss is that the kit would FIT BSA approved wheels NOT that it INCLUDED approved wheels. Yes we are cheaters.
1 comment:
Man, you cheaters!!! J/K! Those are some hot looking cars!
Post a Comment