Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Supercross Championship 2009




Two wheels rule in the Holmes household. If motorcycles are not being worked on, they are being ridden. If not ridden, then races are watched. Ten years ago, if you had asked me anything about motorcycle racing my answer would have consisted of more questions. Such as: Do they race motorcycles? Why would you watch something like that? And most important, Do I have to watch? AHHH, sweet, sweet innocence. I now can intelligently tell you why the AMA (America Motorcycle Association) has made a mess of the sportbike division racing, what was the big rivalry in the supercross championship this year, and why Ben Spies is going to do so well on the world circuit. (And no, Doug did not type that sentence.)


But there is one hard and fast rule we do have here in the Holmes house when it comes to races. MOM DOES NOT GO!!!!! As long as the race is in state and I am physically well (we never add mentally), Doug and the boys are free to go to as many races as they want. Just don't take me. I've went to one when Doug and I were dating. Other than being hot, sweaty, dirty, and smelly there was very little to it. It's not my thing. But I never turn down the opportunity to have a male free Saturday.







This year the boys got to see the Supercross Championship race here in Las Vegas. All season they have watched the races, cheering on their favorite rider (James Stewart). They were so excited to be part of the action.





As I didn't go, I'm not quite sure of the context of the pictures. So I just picked some that I like. I do know that they returned home happy, hungry, and excited to tell me all their stories.

No comments:

Lost Generation