Lately, I've been asking myself this question. It all started when I picked up a book to read titled "Twenty Wishes". Although the book is goofy, it did make me think about personal wishes or dreams. The main characters of the book each make a list of 20 personal wishes. Not goals or to do lists, but wishes. Things that may not be practical but things that make them dream.
I must admit over the last 11 years my wishes and dreams have been centered around my children and husband. Those things that would I hope for in the future for our family. But very, very few have centered on me. With the few being placed in the "one day" category. What would I wish for? What do I dream of? These questions have lead to a few interesting moments of thought.
Yesterday I received an e-mail from my father with a video from YouTube. His comment was not to judge a book by it's cover, but as I watched it I was given hope that it was never too late for your wishes or dreams to happen. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk
I must admit over the last 11 years my wishes and dreams have been centered around my children and husband. Those things that would I hope for in the future for our family. But very, very few have centered on me. With the few being placed in the "one day" category. What would I wish for? What do I dream of? These questions have lead to a few interesting moments of thought.
Yesterday I received an e-mail from my father with a video from YouTube. His comment was not to judge a book by it's cover, but as I watched it I was given hope that it was never too late for your wishes or dreams to happen. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk
(Sorry, I tried to put the video up but the embedding has been disabled. Do yourself a favor and follow the link. It's worth the time.)
2 comments:
i think i've watched this like 5 times!
My secret is asking Ben while he's watching some basketball game. He will pretty much agree with anything I say just to get me to be quiet. We also got Bens grandma to come over during the day that he was working, I dont trust him trying to do two hard things at once. We all know boys can only focus on one thing at a time. I also busted out the guilt, letting him know how much his daughters want to spend time with him. I know I'm bad! but it worked!
Post a Comment