Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day

I have been blessed with a military heritage. In our family we have had men serve in all branches of the military and in many different wars or conflicts. I have had examples of families that have stayed at home and waited for loved ones return. I have memories of my grandfather taking his grandchildren aside while he explained the importance of Veterans Day as he sat next to shell casings that he had as tokens of his service. Let us enjoy the day together as family, but let us not forget why we have the day "off".

For those who are interested in finding ways to say thank you here are some great ideas. I have been able to use the thank you as seen in the Gratitude Campaign (http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/) and felt it's lasting effects. I am recently involved with Soldiers Angels (www.soliersangles.org) as a way to say thank you to our deployed men and women. Or you can just take a moment today go to http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1280.html and send a postcard to military member.

No comments:

Lost Generation