I never have pictures of Thanksgiving. This is one of the flaws in my plan to always be the one to take the pictures so I don't have to be in any said pictures. I am usually too busy cooking, cleaning, setting tables, and hopefully getting a shower to bother with things like taking pictures. This year I thought I had handled the situation. I asked the males in my household (I only have a few of those) to take pictures of Thanksgiving. The shorter males were really excited about this and happily agreed. Doug consented and I thought I had pictures taken care of. I handed over the cameras. Out of sight…..out of mind. It is amazing how three days of cooking can come down to a 30-45 minute rush at the very end. Turkey came out of the oven, gravy was made, vegetables were cooked, and side dishes were warmed. Between carving the turkey, answering the phone and door, and generally keeping the calm in the house; Doug became too occupied to take pictures. I got a few from the boys but they include an empty table and close-up pictures of the Thanksgiving decorations around the house. None of people working in the kitchen. None of friends trading holiday greetings. None of family and friends enjoying a much slaved over meal. Nope just unset table and wooden pilgrims.
3 comments:
Well, a few males would say you got the most interesting part of Thanksgiving...maybe you need a security camera then rip stills from that!!!!
Oh of course that's all they took pics of. Notice I am the one not in our Thanksgiving pic! haha! Can't wait to see you SO SOON!!!!!
we need your address! can you email me?
christinasweeney@gmail.com
Post a Comment