Halloween has come, gone, and I am finally posting about the goings on. I've decided that after experiencing the event I am usually too tired to blog about it. All I want to do is sleep it off. But enough of my personal ramblings.
The day really started out the night before with Nana flying in to enjoy the week with us and me baking cakes for the Cub Scout cake auction that would take place at the Ward Halloween Party. Halloween dawned and it was up to me to make a bunt cake look like a pumpkin. I don't think it turned out too bad, if I do say so myself.
Later in the day Nana decorated the Ghosts in the Graveyard cake. She did an amazing job down to the licorice trees. We were happy that the cakes were bid on later that night and we didn't have to bring them back home.
Along with Halloween, big things were happening with Matt. He got his first Military ID. For those of you not in the know (and I include myself in this number), once a dependant reaches the age of ten they are required to have a military ID. Since the boys had Friday off (Nevada Day.....don't ask, I don't know) we thought this would a perfect time. Little did we know that the last day of the month and a day that all the kids have off from school is the worst time to try to get anything done in the military. We have learned our lesson. After two and a half hours of waiting, Matt is a card carrying member. HEHE!!!!!
It was a rush back home to attend a Halloween party that the boys had been invited. We were inexcusably late, very late, too late for polite company. Thankfully we had very forgiving hosts and the boys enjoyed some time with their friends and I enjoyed a few minutes down.
After that it was time to get ready for the ward Halloween party. And here are our costumes:
Nate as Darth Vader (he has been begging me for years to dress up as this), Matt as Anakin Skywalker, and Danny as Captain Sparrow
Doug's squadron went bowling for a team building activity and shirts were made for their "bowling team". They were the Voluntolds....which is a term that we have become very familiar with in the military.
Last but not least is me as the harried mommy. Decorating cakes, applying make-up, running around, and now making a pot of chili to share at the ward party got in the way of my usual need to dress-up for Halloween.
On to the party. There was great backdrop to take pictures in front of, cakes were auctioned, dinner was served, candy was handed out, but I must admit the part that was most fun for the kids was the bubble wrap dancing. They placed bubble wrap on the floor and allowed the kids to dance, jump, and pop to their hearts content.
Everyone waiting their turn to pop the bubble wrap
No comments:
Post a Comment