Aunt Taty was going to visit with the rest of the family but plans didn't work out but it seemed to for the best. First, she got a bed to sleep in instead of the couch. Second, she got to be here for Matt's talent show. Third, she got our undivided attention (except of course for school, Key Spouse, church, and other things). Now I have no pictures of anything because I am a loser and got tired of carrying my camera, but we did have some unique things happen while I was showing her the town.
When we visited the Alamo (everyone has to see the Alamo), in the gazebo there was the brass section of a college marching band playing. I could have sat and listened to them all day. The weather was great, the music was peppy, and the guys were really playing to the crowd. Then when we visited Market Square (my personal favorite) they had skirt dancers, mariachi players, and singers. Lots of local color. We had lunch on the river walk while we watched people use the river taxis.
The boys and I really enjoyed the dinner she made for us on Saturday. We were able to drop the amount of children she wanted to have just by her attending our ward. And we had lots and lots of time to talk. Fun times!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment