In January I heard that Wicked was going to preforming in San Antonio at the end of February. To say that I was excited was an understatement. I have wanted to see this show for years but the timing was never right. Either we were in dental school or moving, but finally I could go. So I quickly called my mom and told her that the best birthday present would be tickets to Wicked. I also told her that if she really wanted to top it off she could come for a visit and attend the show with me. (Believe me, she really does appreciate when you tell her what you want for a gift.)
Well, all my wishes came true. Mom came to visit at the end of February and stayed for a week. We went all over San Antonio. The Alamo was visited along with Market Square and we walked most of downtown. We went out to Helotes and spent the entire time thinking how much Gran would enjoy all the little shops. We drove to the to see the temple and out to Castroville just to see the landscape around San Antonio.
Before attending Wicked we enjoyed dinner out, just the girls. Then we headed downtown to the Majestic Theater to see Wicked. First of all is the theater is amazing, truly a show in its self.
Then the performance started. So very, very good. I had to pinch myself at times to remind myself that this was live and not a recording. As my dad would say "I laughed, I cried, it became a part of me". But the best part was having my mom there to share it with.
Later during her visit Nana took the boys to see the 3D version of the Justin Bieber movie. What an experience for everyone.
The boys and I were sorry to see Nana leave but felt so special that she spent her vacation time with us.



No comments:
Post a Comment