Sunday, April 03, 2011

Luna Middle School Talent Show

It all begins at the start of February.  This is when Matt came home explaining to me that his teacher (which one I don't know) suggested he and his buddies tryout for the talent show.  After an in depth soon-to-be teenage male discussion (probably two minutes) it is decided that they would pass.  So I think nothing more of it, until I have a permission slip shoved under my nose at 7 o'clock in the morning with the explanation that if I don't sign it, Matt can't tryout.  Then I get the "you are so out of it" look when I ask what he is trying out for.  After reading over the paperwork, it seems the boys are late with the application but with a little string pulling from their teacher they will still be able to tryout that afternoon after school.  My response being, what is your talent?  I get the look again as I am told that they will be singing (singing?!?!?!?) a song called Grenade by Bruno Mars.  So I sign, they tryout, and to my surprise, make the cut.  Who knew?

After a few practices after school, and one very long hour at the talent show we finally got to hear them.



(sorry for the video quality, between my shaking and they young lady that kept walking in front of me this was the best I could do)

At the end of the talent show that ended up being a competition the winners were announced.  Matt and his friends got second place.




Pretty good for three sixth graders.  Afterward they were asked to pose for pictures with "fans" and sign autographs.  The next Monday at school they were the cool kids on campus.  Now I just need to find a way to inject a little humility back into my son.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has made my day...month...year. I am so proud of Matt. What a great kid you are raising!

Anonymous said...

ARGHHH!!! What a process just to leave a comment!

McCormick Family said...

WOW ~ I love this song and the boys sang it great!! Sounds like Matt has a great talent for singing like his mom! :)

Lost Generation