As I have stated before, Doug and I are not big party people. We enjoy getting together with friends but we are happiest at home with our boys. So how do self proclaimed homebodies celebrate New Year's Eve? First you have to give up on dinner and have pizza with wings. Then you start a never ending game of Monopoly with your kids. And if that isn't enough, pop in a family friendly movie to pass the hours to midnight. Do we know how to party or what?
We did add fireworks this year. We currently live in an unincorporated area of San Antonio. This means we have a separate bill for garbage pick up, we are on a rural postal route, and we get to set off fireworks like crazy. The boys had a blast setting off our fireworks earlier in the evening, but we were in for a treat at midnight. As the clock turned 12:00 the sky lit up. Everywhere we looked there was fireworks. We stood on our back porch with big goofy grins on our faces as we watched all our neighbors fireworks. I have never seen anything like it on New Year's. It was definitely a San Antonio experience. I just wish I could have gotten better pictures of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment