Adventures maybe overstating a couple of experiences we have had but it was sure a catchy title. We have laid pretty low since moving to San Antonio but we decided to take advantage of some of what the city has to offer this last month.
First was Doug's birthday dinner at the Chart House in the Tower of the Americas. This is one of those rotating restaurants. Now I have always thought that going to one of those restaurants was a little "done" and "unimaginative", but it was really cool. We were seated at a cozy table for two right by the window in a "corner" (they divide the restaurant in fourths with half walls). We were able to see all the Christmas Lights in Downtown and across San Antonio.
I did try to take a picture of Doug and I but they all turned out really bad, so you will have to make do with the wonderful food that we got to experience.
Our next outing was to the Natural Bridge Caverns. Most of these caverns were discovered in 1960 on a ranch just outside of San Antonio. We went on a 75 min guided tour through them and I didn't even freak out (claustrophobic). The boys enjoyed looking for bats (there are only a few that come out at night), hiking up & down through the caverns, and finding sculptures in the stalactites & stalagmites. We have this lovely generic picture because I didn't remember my memory card for the camera. Of course it was taken at the end of the tour when we were all sweaty from hiking through 70 degree weather with 99% humidity. (See the happy smiley faces???)
No comments:
Post a Comment