
Yes, yes I know updating my blog has come to a screeching halt. It's not that our lives have come to the same screeching halt, but that I always find it difficult to talk or write about some of the more day to day aspects of our lives when there is a big elephant in the same room with me.
Our elephant joined our family on Wednesday, February 24th. Doug came home with a look on his face that said "I have something to tell you and you may not like it." Usually, this look is accompanied by the phrase "I forgot to tell you...." but not this time. This time when I looked up and asked "What is it?" the response was that he was going to be deployed to Iraq in November for six months. I almost wish he had the camera so he could take a picture of my face after he told me. I would love to be able to sit and analyze the emotions that a picture would show. Luckily, I didn't have much time for myself as my three little men were right there and needed their mommy.
Needless to say, it took a few days to work my mind around the idea and to reassure the boys. Then we wanted to tell our family in person while we were visiting during spring break last week. So finally I feel it is OK to put it out in the open so I can get back to updating about our family as usual.
Although, having Doug gone for such an extended period of time is going to be hard we are comforted in the knowledge that his is a dentist (which means safety), his commander just finished a deployment there last fall and is able to give us really good insights as to what he is getting into, and that Heavenly Father loves us. We are looking forward to the new challenges that this will bring and the lessons we will learn. We are already growing closer together and see the hand of the Lord. We are proud of our husband and daddy.
1 comment:
wow! I didn't even realize that was an option. Good luck you Holmeses... the Jarmans in Az will be praying for you.
Post a Comment