Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Unique Experience


Yesterday evening I had a very unique experience.  Every Tuesday is Cub Scouts, Activity Days, and Mutual Night for our Ward.  Needless to say our church building is a hopping place to be.  In the hope of making our Boy Scout Program a little more organized I, as advancement coordinator, have designated the first Tuesday of every month as Board of Review night.  So I attended opening exercises with the Young Men and Women  in my scout uniform before performing my Board of Reviews (or is it Boards of Review?).  After the opening song and prayer the Young Women stood to repeat the Young Women's Theme, having been a young women and a leader at one time I stood with them and repeated the theme.  As they sat the Young Men stood and repeated the Boy Scout Law, as I was there in my scout uniform I stood with the young men and a current leader I repeated the law with them.  It was truly a special experience and I felt honored to stand tall with both groups as they repeated values that they were working hard on instilling in their own lives.  I find the examples that they set for me continually raise the bar higher.

No comments:

Lost Generation