Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Football





As stated before, Matt is playing football.  He plays on the 7th grade B team for  his middle school, the Luna Longhorns and is loving every minute of it.  In fact one of his favorite things to do when being picked up from practice to list the hits he took, the injuries he has recently sustained, and the aches that he is feeling.  Silly me, I thought they would be playing flag football but this is Texas and they play full tackle, must have pads and mouth guard football.  I have decided where football is concerned I have a split personality.  I'm proud of his determination to do something that is difficult and requires a lot of work while at the same time I'm worried about my boy being hurt.  But usually the proud parent overrules the worried mother.



Matt is #33 and his coaches love to put him in because he doesn't care how much bigger the other kid is he will keep hitting him until the play is called and smiles while doing it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your boys are sure growing up!

Lost Generation