Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Eve


This year I was determined to have Christmas in San Antonio even if Doug wasn't there.  I purchased all the presents, decorated the house, put up a tree, and made preparations for Christmas Eve and Day meals.  Then three days before Christmas, after watching a movie that stated that Christmas was to a time to be with family and friends, I made the impromptu decision to go to Arizona for Christmas.  I made this announcement to the boys and within an hour we were on the road to Arizona with little to no idea what we had thrown into our suitcases and into the back of the truck.  All I knew was we were going home.  We arrived Thursday evening and I really didn't get with the program until late Christmas Day.



Christmas Eve came with all the family traditions.  We made homemade pizza (that didn't make anyone sick this year).


We visited the temple grounds to see the lights.

 

We opened our jammies

We read the nativity story and The Night Before Christmas.  This is usually Doug's job and we tried to have him read the story to the boys over Skype but it just didn't work out.  So I got to take over the duty.

Then it was off to bed so Christmas morning would come that much faster.

No comments:

Lost Generation