I feel it is my civic responsibility to warn you all of the dangers of playing with your kids. A couple of weeks ago the boys and I were having a Nerf gun fight. We had made forts with chairs and blankets. We reinforced our defences with laundry baskets. We had even taken on different roles. As the old saying goes "it's all fun until someone gets hurt". Guess who that someone was? Me of course. While running for cover under heavy fire I ran my toe into the wall or chair or maybe the bookcase, I really am not sure.
All I do know for sure is that it hurt and I thought that I could just move it back into place because it was just disjointed. No such luck. After calling Doug to come home fast (luckily it was the end of the day) and him trying to set it a couple of times, we were off to the hospital ER. Although, I wasn't in great pain it was uncomfortable to wait for 5 hours until the orthopedic PA resident could numb me up and set my toe. (I must admit I saw a sight that I never want to experience again. It was Doug getting a needle ready for the procedure. Way too clinical, way too creepy.) It wasn't a needle, I was drawing up medication into a syringe - with a needle. I must admit they have scared me but good when they told me to take very good care of myself or I would have to undergo surgery to have a pin put in my toe. I don't have time for surgery so for now my foot stays up when I'm sitting and that is most of the time.
So beware all you parents that believe playing with your children will help you. This is not the case. Ask me, I know.
![]() |
| I added the Band Aid so it wouldn't be too gross. |

1 comment:
I am so sorry to hear about the injury and hope you are taking it easy so you don't have to have surgery!
Post a Comment