Mere hours after returning from Young Women Camp I found myself packed (again) and once again in the car, this time with all four of the boys. Doug and I have planned for a few years to have him attend the LDS Dental Academy Conference in Provo while the rest of the family called it a vacation, but with frequent moves it hasn't been possible until this year. Doug was able to take three weeks off from work (platinum Air Force handcuffs) to take care of the boys while I was at camp and to make the trip. We planned to use every moment of it that we could to make memories. I think we did a darn good job. (Excuse the many posts and pictures that this will entail but it has to be done.)
Sunday (yes we are bad, bad people) we headed out for our first stop of Amarillo, TX. What is in Amarillo to have us stop? Nothing, but after nine hours of driving we thought we deserved some sleep. We did pass through some fun small towns and I have even picked out one to return to as a day trip.
Monday we were off to Colorado Springs, CO. One of the big stops on our trip was to go to the Air Force Academy and show the boys were the cadets go to school. Nate was very impressed with the set up. He thought is was cool that they get to learn how to fly gliders, jump out of planes, and have the Air Force pay for everything. We went to the visitor center and he had me read all the requirements for getting into the academy. He has big plans.
Nate captured this picture of the cadets doing what cadets do well.....run in combat boots!!!!
But life can't be that bad when this is the scenery

1 comment:
This trip looks fun! Im sure your boys had a blast!
Post a Comment