After a long wet winter, this spring has given us weeds. Lots and lots of weeds. A full half acre of weeds. With all these weeds there really isn't any room for grass. So we have decided on a three prong attack to getting our yard in shape. First prong is to pull out all the big weeds. (When I say big weeds, I mean all the weeds that are as big as a small child or bigger.) The next prong is to spray the yard down with weed killer. (Because lets be honest, who wants to pull every little weed out.) Finally, we will reseed and pray for grass.
Needless to say, we are still in phase one of our attack. So last Saturday, much to the dismay of the boys, we went outside to pull weeds. Before long we were joined by six of the neighborhood kids who all were pulling weeds. Well, you can't have slave labor without some music. And while you are at it you need food (pizza and soda). Before you know it, you have a weed pulling party and we were the cool house on the block. All day we had kids coming and going through the backyard. My boys loved it and I loved the extra help.
1 comment:
All I can say is what a fun neighborhood you have! That is my dream as a mother. A place where there are good kids for my kids to spend time with. Good luck with the grass!
Post a Comment