
Danny celebrated his eighth birthday in a big way today. Not only were there presents and cake but there was a baptism too.
Yesterday Nana and Papa flew into town so they could be here for the baptism. We went out to to dinner and came back to open a couple of presents. (Dan had multiple days of birthday this year!!) Doug and I gave him the traditional scriptures, scripture case, and his first suit.
Danny has been so excited for his baptism day. He has watched both his brothers take this step and has been anxious for his turn. He asked Papa to give the talk on baptism and Nana to talk on the Holy Ghost. They both did a great job but Dan was so nervous he keep rubbing my hand as I sat beside him. When it was time for the baptism Doug led Dan into the water, rubbed his back, and whispered into his ear a reminder of what was to come next. After the prayer Doug lowered Dan into the water. As Dan came up the steps I wrapped him in his towel and gave him a big hug. His big blue eyes were filled with tears and he was too full of emotion to say much. He just wanted to be held for a minute or two. After both Doug and Danny were changed and Nana gave her talk Doug confirmed Dan with Papa, the bishop, and our home teacher in the circle. It was one of the best days.
After his baptism, we came home to open more presents and have lunch. Along with his scout uniform, Wii game, tie, G.I. Joe blanket, and embosser he received a Build-A-Bear gift card. We were able to spend some time before Nana and Papa were again off to the airport. Dan and I went to Build-A-Bear to get his present. He had so much fun. He picked out his bear, clothing, and sunglasses. He was able to name him and get a birth certificate (so excited that they both have the same birthday). When we went to pay the cashier saw that we were paying with a birthday gift card. When he found out that today was Dan's birthday he rang his bell stopping all the work and had everyone sing happy birthday to Dan. Dan has is small very pleased smile on his face. Once home he played his Wii game, had his birthday dinner (pizza and wings), and we sang Happy Birthday with some cake.
A big day for a big boy!!!
3 comments:
congratulations to your cute guy there. i love the bear he picked out...and i LOVE your dress.
so fun. I love baptisms. Congrats!!!
I really can't believe that Dan is 8!!! I am glad that you had your parents there and it looks like it was a wonderful day! It was fun to see pics since this is the only Holmes boy baptism we haven't been able to attend! Congratulations Dan! We love you and miss you!
Post a Comment