Do you remember asking your parents this question? Or do you get this question asked you by the younger members of your family? Does it drive you crazy? It does me, but I have been thinking about this question in a new light. That being the end of dental school.
I remember when we were first accepted to dental school. The joy and excitement that followed that letter. Just thinking that all our hard work (mostly Doug's hard work) had paid off and we were on our way. To look back now, I wonder if we would have been as excited if we knew what we were in for. Luckily we didn't and so the celebrating.
And now we sit at the ending stages of this adventure and ask "Are we there yet?" I must admit that this has been one of hardest, craziest, scariest, fun, exciting, and educational (in many different ways) experiences that we have had. It has felt like every day of four years, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Doug has pushed himself further in a direction that he didn't believe he had a great ability in than he has ever before (namely all the science courses). I have been able to associate with some of the most amazing women that I have ever met. I have learned to be strong, daring, and to make due when events were not ideal. The boys have been exposed to different cultures, races, and ideas (some good, some not so good) and learned to appreciate time all together as a family. The lessons we have learned have been so many and so varied that it would take a much longer post to put them all down. But I must admit that I will be glad to put this experience in the books. There are still a few miles to go before we arrive at our next destination (which in reality will only be a rest stop before our next adventure). But we will make it and this time I can say with all confidence that we all worked together to get there.
7 comments:
I bet it feels so good knowing you are just about done. A very proud moment for all of you! :) Just let me know when you want pics...do you want them down outside or inside?
WAY TO GO FAMILY!!!!!!!!!
what a great accomplishment for your family! congrats on surviving and being able to see the lessons learned already. i tend to realize them a lot further down the road.
so you have a blog too? excellent, more fun people to stalk. and look, we already made your friends list!
All in all....Cleveland was a good step on the journey of life then, huh? We're sure glad you came this way!
Okay, so I'm having such a hard time with your class leaving! :) I'm so excited for you guys, don't get me wrong, but when I first moved here you were one of the first to "show me the ropes"...and it's hard to see you go my friend! You and your family are just awesome!
Wow you are almost done! In some ways I definatly envy this time in your life, with your husband in school and the many friends you make, all being in the same boat away from family. I think it can really bind you as a family, only being able to lean on each other. What an experience! Congratulations on getting through it!
Post a Comment